Saturday, October 16, 2010

Groom's Cake




















I made this golf cake for one of my many cousin's weddings...first wedding cake gift! My cousin is a golf fanatic and his wife wanted to surprise him with a golf cake...he LOVED it. He came up to me so many times during the wedding to rave about how the cake was so perfect. "You had a freaking sand trap on the cake, that is unbelievable." This cake was a first for me; using fondant and gum paste and all that fancy cake stuff. Rolling out the fondant and placing it over the cake was definitely a struggle; it kept rolling it to thin and it would rip when I tried to place it over the frosting...definitely heartbreaking at times thinking all my hard work might fail. But luckily I persevered and I think the cake turned out great. I also tried to get nice and fancy and make bride and groom cupcakes to compliment the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment